Officers take positions June 1
AURORA, Colo. – The Anschutz Medical Campus recently held elections for the 2013-2014 school year Student Senate. The Student Senate is the interdisciplinary student governance group on the Anschutz Medical Campus. Two representatives are elected from every class and from every school or program.
This group of students is responsible for the creation and oversight of the Senate Professional Development Assistance program, which reimburses travel expenses incurred by students attending extracurricular conferences and events. The Senate is also responsible for planning and overseeing campus-wide events and activities. They also address complaints and ideas that will improve student life on campus as well as act as a liaison between students and administration.
The new Student Senators are:
- President: Heather Ponicsan – College of Nursing
- Vice President of Communications: Kristen Jacobsen – Graduate School
- Vice President of Legislative Affairs: Tyler Luke – Physical Therapy
- Co-Vice President of Philanthropy: Laura Heaton – School of Pharmacy and Alexandra Sufit – Graduate School
- Co-Vice President of Student Life: Chris Klekamp – School of Dental Medicine and Dan Maurer – School of Dental Medicine
- Co-Vice President of Finance: Shauna Jones – School of Dental Medicine and Andy Newman – School of Dental Medicine
- Co-Vice President of Diversity: April Kennedy – Child Health Associate/Physician Assistant Program and Emily Matthews – Physical Therapy Program